While I wallow in self-pity of sitting at work, Nathan and Tuan are off tackling new adventures. They have safely made it to Santiago, Chile before embarking on a bus ride across the Andes to Mendoza, Argentina to meet their group.
Dispatchs (from newest to oldest):
12) 3/19/15 – Chatted with the guys yesterday a bit. They just got done doing a 9 day circuit through Torres Del Paine. Sadly they had to come out a day early due to some knee issues, but all seems well.
11) 3/7/15 – I spoke with Nate over this morning. They have made their second attempt at Fitz Roy. They tried a 3 day circuit but the weather was poor so came out a day early and then re-did the same hike. This time blue skies and the view looked stunning. Just beautiful. Nate sent me a picture of him taking a polar plunge in the glacial water.
10) 3/2/15 – Have been bad about updating. I stopped getting text message so I assumed they weren’t using the Deloreme, but I forgot they just stopped that service. They are still being tracked. I Skyped with Nate on Friday night while I was driving down to Wolf Creek chasing some powder. They guys are doing great. They are down in Patagonia about to embark on a 3 day backpacking trip around Fitz Roy.
9) The boys are out and alive!!!! I have seen a few pictures of them on the Glacier and it looks truly badass.
8) 8:40AM Thursday, January 29, 2015 – “Just finished our first practice on the Glacier”
7) 12:07PM Wednesday, January 28, 2015 – “Hello from base camp! 14K ft. Everyone is great and is excited to be at the glacier.”
6) 12:37PM Monday, January 26, 2015 – “Camp 2!!, Home for the next 2 nights. Our view is an 18K mtn”
5) 5:28PM Sunday, January 25, 2015 – “At first camp. About to eat some stirfry!”
4) 6:10PM Saturday, January 24, 2015 – “Just had asado dinner. About to call it a night. Have a wonderful evening.”
3) 11:00AM Saturday, January 24, 2015 – “We are off to Penitentes our final town before starting our trek”
2) 12:95PM Thursday, January 22, 2015 – “Buenos dias from Argentina”
1) 8:51AM Thursday, January 22, 2015 – “Buenos dias from Chile”
I will try my best to update as I hear from them.